Sorry it’s been a while everybody. My parents came and visited for two weeks and we had a great time. We adventured all over San Diego and ate out at a lot of really good places. I love going out and finding local, hidden gems as opposed to the big food chain restaurants . It was a blast! Now they are gone, visiting more family in LA so my puppy and I are back to the daily grind. While we ate out a lot, we actually did do some cooking at home. This recipe was easy (crockpot duh!) and really tasty!
1 & 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breast)
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz diced tomatoes
6 oz tomato paste
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup water
1 package of your favorite pasta, prepared as directed on box (I used Angel Hair)
1. Start by chopping chicken up into medium-large sized pieces.
2. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
3. Add the rest of ingredients EXCEPT for the pasta. Stir well to combine.
4. Cover and set crockpot on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
5. Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta.
There you have it! Easy peasy! Enjoy!