I never thought Salmon Burgers was a good idea…until I tried one. Then I sort of became obsessed! This recipe makes a tasty, perfectly seasoned burger with a crunch! The recipe calls for a single fillet (which makes 2 burger patties). However, the store sells 2 fillets in one package so I froze the second fillet to save for some Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad later!
SESAME SALMON BURGER WITH DILL YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 (8 oz) salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 2 TBSP minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 TBSP finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh dill
Combine salmon, parsley, panko, 1 tsp lemon juice, ginger, 1 tsp garlic, soy sauce, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form into two patties. Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Stir together yogurt, dill, remaining 1/2 tsp garlic, and remaining 1 tsp lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve burgers on whole wheat buns, topped with the creamy yogurt sauce.
Simple to make, delicious to eat! Enjoy!